The Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) successfully implemented the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s vision for “Induction Training Programme” for cutting-edge level Government functionaries. Induction Training played a very important role in preparing the new entrants in the Government for fulfilling their responsibilities and citizen-centricity.
To take this a step further, DoPT with the guidance of Secretary (P) has come up with the initiative of Blended Training Programme called – “Comprehensive Online Modified Modules for Induction Training” (COMMIT). The blended course will allow officers and faculty to take advantage of much of the flexibility and convenience of an online course while retaining the benefits of the face-to-face classroom experience. The “COMMIT” will be strategically aligned with the mission and goals of the 12-day ITP to develop skills and attitude towards improving service delivery keeping the citizen at the core.
The advantages of such a programme are requirement of limited classroom space; infusion of new opportunities to officers who have had limited or no training, to build the requisite skills, knowledge and attitude; and offer the convenience of online learning combined with the social and instructional interaction.
- To improve public service delivery
- To promote good-governance and citizen-centric administration
- To provide induction training to recently recruited frontline functionaries in the states
- 28 hours of blended training with:
- 20 hours/1200 minutes of e-Learning/15 modules
- 8 hours of face-to-face training delivered by a Master Trainer at the District Training Centre
- 60 days to each participant to complete the 15 e-modules at his/her own pace. The e-modules will be hosted on DoPT server and will be accessible to each participant through a dedicated user name and password, generated on registering on the Portal.
- On completion of 20 hours of e-Learning, participants will collect their certificates and provide feedback on the programme.